CFAP are the four letters which add lot of significance on the profile of the corporate professional.
- These four letters can win a job for you.
- These four letters can help you to get promoted or can entitle you for the salary revision.
- These four letters can help you to network with the peers in other countries.
What is CFAP ?
Certified Forensic Accounting Professional (CFAP) is a person who has undergone training to become an expert in the field of forensic accounting, forensic auditing, litigation support and investigative accounting. CFAP is a designation awarded by Indiaforensic Center of Studies. It is moderated by the Forensic Accounting Research Foundation. The Forensic Accounting Research Foundation is a member-based Indian organisation dedicated to providing forensic accounting and forensic auditing education and training. It has presence in more than 7 countries including Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, UAE, Uganda and others.
Certified Forensic Accounting Professional is a Gold standard certification in the forensic accounting domain. It is considered as benchmark for the commerce students in India. It is one of the toughest courses in the country.
Academic Requirements for The CFAP
Generally, applicants for CFAP certification have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Aspirants should possess at least three years of professional experience. The graduates not having three years of experience may apply for the Forensic Accounting Entrance Exam conducted by the Indiaforensic Center of Studies.
CFAP with Information Technology Specialisation
Indiaforensic Center of Studies launched the certification focusing the needs of the IT companies across the world. CFAP [IT] is one of the foremost efforts to address the industry specific frauds. Separate curriculum is designed for the program based on the frauds in Information Technology companies. The subject on Satyam case study is contributed by the investigators, who were involved in the Investigation. Please click here to know more about the Information technology specialisation.
CFAP with Insurance Specialisation
According to the estimates, India lose more than $ 6.25 billion to Insurance frauds. In order to fight the frauds effectively, Indiaforensic Center of Studies have launched the certifications focusing the needs of Insurance companies across. CFAP [Insurance] is one of the foremost efforts to address the industry specific frauds. Please click here to know more about the Insurance specialisation.
There are totally 20 chapters which deals in various elements of the forensic accounting in India. This is just the outline of the course syllabus
- Classification of the Corporate fraud schemes based on the Indian schemes of fraud – Here the fraud schemes are classified on the basis of items in the financial statements.
- Understanding the red flags of the corporate fraud schemes – Early warning signals in the corporate sector helps to detect the frauds timely.
- What one should do to prevent the corporate frauds – There are certain ways to prevent the frauds happening in the organisation.
- How these frauds can be investigated – Number of Investigation techniques are discussed here
- Which are the tools used in investigating the frauds – The data analysis and data recovery tools used in any forensic investigation.