CAME Examination is the final stage in the completion of the certification. Aspirants are encouraged to take up the examination only after reading the study material specially designed for the examination. The study material is changed frequently. However, the CAME examination is not limited to the professionals who purchase the study material.
There is a possibility of getting the certification through a waiver of examination as well. We encourage the influencers and the domain experts to apply for the certification if they meet certain conditions mentioned here in this post.
Background of CAME Program
The Certified Anti Money laundering Expert program provides a detailed overview of Laundering related transactions. From traditional methods to technology methods of laundering, this certification covers many facets of laundering transactions.
Following are the topics covered under the AML courseware.
- Definition, and size of Money Laundering
- Reasons for Money Laundering by criminals.
- Consequences of Money Laundering.
- Essentials of Money Laundering
- Risk of KYC to mitigate
- Origin of Money laundering transactions
- Indian Laws of Money Laundering
Additionally, you can also check regular updates on Money Laundering in the specially created members zone Final examination of the Certified Anti Money Laundering Expert program covers a wider range of topics.
The course regulations were revised in the year 2015, to cover the global laws and developments in Anti Money Laundering.
This revision also opened the doors for compliance professionals to take up certification directly, without writing for the examination. (Only experienced professionals who have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Anti Money Laundering or Compliance domain are allowed to apply for the waiver of the examinations)
Eligibility for Waiver of Examination
In order to be eligible to apply for the waiver of the examination, the candidates should have
- Proven track record of at least 10 years of experience in the compliance and anti-money laundering domain
- The candidate should be able to provide at least two references. Moreover, these references could be from executives from financial institutions or banks.
- The candidate needs to send the Statement of Purpose (SOP) along with the application form. The statement of purpose should clearly mention, why the candidate feels that he is eligible for the waiver of the examination. SOP should be addressed to the Director, Indiaforensic.
- The candidate should have at least 10000 followers on his LinkedIn profile or should be a published influencer in the risk, governance, or compliance domain. The individual is considered an influencer only when his name is published in a notable media publication.
- The application form, evidence of payment of fees along with the Statement of Purpose should be directly sent to the email@example.com email address only.
- The academic board of directors in its monthly meetings would decide about the eligible candidates for that month
- Waiver of the examination is sanctioned by the academic board. Moreover, the decision of the academic board is final and can not be reviewed.
- In case the waiver is not accepted, the fees are refunded or can be adjusted towards the examination fees.