Forensic Accounting in India started with Just One word – Indiaforensic.
Indiaforensic is the Pioneer of Forensic Accounting Education in India. Indiaforensic started the certification programs in the year 2005, when there was no awareness about the forensic accounting in India, we at Indiaforensic started the courses on forensic accounting.
- Year 2005 – First course on Bank Forensic Accounting
- Year 2006 – First course on Anti-Money Laundering
- Year 2007- First Course on Corporate Frauds
- Year 2008 – First International tie-up with the Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants
India witnessed first big ticket accounting fraud in the year 2009. Chairman of the scam tainted IT firm publicly disclosed of committing the accounting manipulations to manipulate the books of accounts of then-Satyam Computers Limited. After this scam broke media played a significant role in creating awareness about the forensic accounting in India.
Here is how Indiaforensic helped the media professionals to create the awareness about forensic accounting.
- Business Today explained what are the Blood hounds of the Book keeping
- Financial Express claimed that the Indiaforensic Reports anticipated the accounting frauds six months prior to the date when fraud actually took place.
- Rediff created the story how the Foreign Institutional Investors were wary of Investments in the post-satyam era